Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

How do I remove/replace the headlight unit on a peugeot 207?

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer....

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

If you have removed all the screws / fixings - on the to - inside... there are two mounting clips on the bottom edge of the headlamp that push into the cars bodywork...

You need to prise these clips out of the bodywork while lifting the headlamp at the same time for it all to come out in one piece.

It sounds like you have all the screws / fixings out - otherwise it wouldn't be as loose as you describe -

I suspect its just holding on those two clips now...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for this, Mike, but how do I access the lower clips in order to prise them out?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello again - thank you for your reply ..

Im sorry I thought you were further along ...my mistake.

If you cannot see / get at them - you need to pull the front bumper forward... To do that , you need to undo the fixings holding that -

These are the ones that are obvious - and then you need to work under each wheel arch - and release the fixings that hold the dirt shield - prise that back and you can see where the bonnet fixings are - holding on the edges -

Do the same both sides of course - and the same underneath..... then the bumper will draw forward just enough for you to see / be able to get at the fixings...

A good tip is to look at the new headlamp - and you will see how those fixings are / come out..

I hope that helps you further -

Best Rgds, MIKE..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Mike,
I think I know what you mean, I'll go and have another look. Why are the bonnet fixings significant, or am I misunderstanding?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi again....

My apologies - for "bonnet , read "bumper" !! Sorry about that ;)

Im sure it will all go fine for you now .... but let me know if you need anything else.

Best Rgds , MIKE..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just one quick point, by 'bumper' do you mean just the black part with the grille, or the whole front plastic panel?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi there...

I was referring to the whole front panel - but if you canget away with just the removal of that - its worth a try certainly....

Let me know how you get on - and / or if you need anything more..

Best Rgds - MIKE...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Finally! It all became obvious after the old one came out - with a couple of broken lugs!
Thanks for your help. Oh! for the good old days of Morris Minors and Ford Anglias!
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi again.....

Im very glad you got there and that I was able to help some ;)

Yes - I know exactly what you mean re the Morris Minors ( Nurse Glayds! ) and the Anglia's etc -

Life really was so much simpler then !! And its called "progress"!

Thank you for letting me know you got there - and for the bonus too - I really appreciate that - thank you - and you are Welcome back anytime..

Best Rgds - MIKE...