Bill_Crosby
Bill_Crosby, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  City & Guilds Vauxhall Master Technician & Auto Electrician Since 1993
16358693

Headlights not working peugeot 307 however highbeam is

headlights not working peugeot 307 however highbeam is

Can you tell me the year and engine size please.

Bill.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

2003 & 1.6 litre. Details off some paperwork says 03/PEUGEOT/307 5DR XS 1.6 AUTO MY03.

I have since looked at car manual & have checked the headlight fuses x 4, all ok & I doubt it's the actual light bulbs as both went at once.

My husband thinks it's a switch or relay issue and requires an auto electrican.

Meredith

Fuses 9 & 10 are for the dip beam headlamps.

You should use a multimeter to test they are both live when the lights are switched on to low beam.

If they are then you need to check the live feed is getting to the bulbs and if it is replace the bulbs.

If there is no live feed to the fuses then you next check the headlamp switch and then multifunction control unit.

Bill.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Bill

I think I may have to take it to an auto electrican, as I do not have a multimeter or know how to check the headlamp switch & multifunction unit.

Meredith

Ok.

If you could still click the accept tab and leave feedback for me for helping you, it's much appreciated.

Bill.