Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

B1B06 DRIVER AIRBAG SQUIB 2 CIRCUIT OPEN

Customer Question

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

When you say "airbag driver squib circuit 2 open " under already tried - are you saying you have replaced it already ?

Rgds , MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
airbag light com on dash end the diagnostic sed it driver airbag squib 2 circuit open.nois on dash
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello again - thank you for your reply and info...

I just needed to be sure of what had been done / not done..

Ok , with that code - you can have a broken wire in the drivers squib - it will have to be taken apart and carefully checked...

If its not that - it will need a new unit ( squib )

If you are ok working with this and have the tools etc - make sure you follow safety procedures... ensure you disconnect the battery and don't touch anything for 30 mins to allow the capacitors to fully discharge before starting your investigative work...

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given -as that's how I get paid for my time ... Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
cruise control same time not vorking vhen airbag com on das
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello again....

As you have the squib fault light, I would recommend starting with that as above...and deal with the faults one at a time - its unlikely that the two are connected in any way...

Live testing using the diagnostic equipment on the CC system would be needed to trace / rectify any faults there... but sort the air bag system out first just in case there is some odd connection there and then go from there as needed...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what it the problem in mi car
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello again -

Its impossible to say from here exactly what is wrong... Thats why I have advised you to check the squib specifically -- I can't tell from here what is wrong obviously.

You have had the diagnostic checks done which was the first move - that tells you where the fault lies - and then you have to follow through on physical checks to find the actual fault that is causing the light to come on.

I obviously cant do that for you - you need to do that now - or, have someone to do it if you cannot for some reason.

Here on justanswer, we can only advise as to the next steps to take.

Please don't forget the Accept button - Thank you - and you can always come back and ask me again for more help if needed after that - by using the Reply button after.

Kind Rgds, MIKE

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
aim drive the car no light on dash ,after 3 meters coming on end after going off end coming beck the airbeg light aim clear the fault end it com beck after drive 3 meters.thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
In that case.... that confirms all that I have been saying......

You now need to check / have checked...the squib and repair ( wiring / connections / replace it if needed - the light will go off then and you can go from there..

Rgds - MIKE

Edited by Mike on 7/20/2010 at 2:05 PM EST