Matt , Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2009 mercedes: sprinter..top speed..the engine speed and overall mpg.

Customer Question

I have 2009 merecedes sprinter with an engine restrictor only allowing a top speed of 64mph, i need to know if i can download software to enable re-mapping a change in the engine speed and overall mpg.?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 6 years ago.
Hello

Sadly this isn't a job you can DIY as it needs the diagnostic kit held by the dealerships and mercedes specialists to talk to the ECU and get it to change the restriction and re-map the ECU to suit, its typically an hours work so the prices are in line with a main dealers labour rate
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

As I suspected, Thanks for you're time, even though i'm no better off for having it confirmed. Graham.

Expert:  Matt replied 6 years ago.
No problem

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held in escrow until you press accept at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert.
If you don't press accept then you can use the cash at a later date to ask another question