Bill_Crosby
Bill_Crosby, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  City & Guilds Vauxhall Master Technician & Auto Electrician Since 1993
16358693

Seat ibiza 1.4 petrol auto. Engine management light keeps coming on.

Customer Question

seat ibiza 1.4 petrol auto. Engine management light keeps coming on.I have been to Seat 4 times now,they replaced lamda sensor,coil pack,plugs,leads and last week kept the car for a week and not exactly sure what they did but said they had replaced some cables and the earth on the ECU as advised by Seats tech dept in Barcelona. Today its back on again.No power loss or problems with the running.Any idea ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Bill_Crosby replied 6 years ago.

Good afternoon, I hope I can help you.

It sounds like the next step will be a replacement ecu.

The garage are obviously throwing things at the car in the hope that it will cure it.

There isn't much left except the wiring harness and ecu.

If you could get the fault codes that are present I might be able to help further.

Bill.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the fault code is always the same, no 1 lambda sensor,they replaced that and then tried another new one. I have been told that the EGR valve is often responsible for this and or the secondary air injection system,your thoughts please. ps i will get the exact code for you

Any air leak in the exhaust system before the o2 sensor can cause it to give false readings and doesn't always mean the sensor is faulty.

Bill.