Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Renault Camshaft Dephazer Fault.DF080 What is this and how

Renault Camshaft Dephazer Fault.DF080
What is this and how is it fixed?
Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

The Camshaft de phaser unit is fitted to the inlet camshaft cog - timing belt cog... I will give you a pic below to help you ..

As this has been diagnosed as faulty it will need renewing as they can't be fixed.

While doing the job you need to fit a new timing belt kit as well - as you have to remove the old belt - and you can't refit it for fear of premature breakage.

If its not a job you can do yourself - I recommend you ring around garages locally and get several prices. I can't give you a price obviously as they differ so much around the country and even between garages...

Doing as above can save you a lot of money.... and you don't need to use a dealer , which will save you even more money...

Here is the pic I promised you :

graphic

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you -

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given -as that's how I get paid for my time ... Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.