Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Renault Camshaft Dephazer Fault.DF080 What is this and how

Renault Camshaft Dephazer Fault.DF080
What is this and how is it fixed?
Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

The Camshaft de phaser unit is fitted to the inlet camshaft cog - timing belt cog... I will give you a pic below to help you ..

As this has been diagnosed as faulty it will need renewing as they can't be fixed.

While doing the job you need to fit a new timing belt kit as well - as you have to remove the old belt - and you can't refit it for fear of premature breakage.

If its not a job you can do yourself - I recommend you ring around garages locally and get several prices. I can't give you a price obviously as they differ so much around the country and even between garages...

Doing as above can save you a lot of money.... and you don't need to use a dealer , which will save you even more money...

Here is the pic I promised you :

graphic

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you -

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given -as that's how I get paid for my time ... Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.