Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I cant open the boot of my Citroen Xsara Picasso. It keeps

I can't open the boot of my Citroen Xsara Picasso. It keeps happening.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

The problem here is either with the lock itself or the connections to the motor , that activates the lock - or seizing linkages on the lock / mechanism ... It really could be any of these things...

If next time you van get it to open, dont close it again but take that opportunity to delve into to it .....by removing the inner panel to access the mechanism etc as above - to inspect, determine the fault and repair as found . ( sometimes it all just needs a good lubrication using Wd40 or the like )

If you find after repeated attempts - inc thumping etc !...it won't open.. then you will have to access it from the inside...

This means climbing through into the rear section and removing the inner panel as above..

Once the panel is off- you can manually unlatch the latch by pulling the lever and the boot / tailgate will open ....and then you can deal with it - as above - much easier to find and rectify the fault....whatever it turns out be.. Its rare anything needs renewing or replacing on these....but once in there , you can of course deal with as you find..

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given -as that's how I get paid for my time ... Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.