Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

WHAT IS THE BEST tyres FOR MY pajero 2006 GLX 3.2...STEEL RIMS..NOISY

WHAT IS THE BEST TYRES FOR MY PAJERO 2006 GLX 3.2. THE TYRE SIZE ON THE STEEL RIMS ARE 235/80R16 WHICH IS ALMOST UNOBTAINABLE. WHICH 85 TYRES ARE THE BEST, XXXXX XXXXX THE A/T TYRES ARE NOISY AND LOOKS LIKE TRACTOR TYRES. WHERE CAN I GET HOLD OF PAJERO MAGS. DO THE 17" MAGS FITS ON THE GLX.

THANK YOU

LOUIS
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 6 years ago.
Hi and Welcome to JA.com,I will assisted you best i can.

You can fit the 265/65-17,
any one of these tyre you can use.
graphic

Need more assistance please let me know
Regards Greg
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
265/65-17: do you mean I can fit these tyres on my 16" steel rims or do you mean that I must buy 265/65-17 rims with tyres. I know that you can use all the tyres you mentioned but can you be more specific, what about a mutipurpose tyre (a/t) which gives you high km`s with no noise. With all the customers you get in touch with, isn`t there any pajero owners that mentioned a tyre which they where happy with?
Expert:  Greg replied 6 years ago.
Hi
If you use the 265/65-17 you will need the Rims to go with it.
Personally i have the 2005 Mitsubishi montero limited just the same as yours, and i use the

YokohamaGeolandar A/T-S(On-/Off-Road All-Terrain)

Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Add Road Hazard: $96.96

Set of 4: $808.00

Read this page in English

The Geolandar A/T-S is Yokohama's On-/Off-Road All-Terrain tire developed for jeep, pickup truck and SUV drivers who want tires that combine a bold off-road attitude with a capable on-road aptitude. Geolandar A/T-S tires are designed to deliver long mileage and promote even wear while providing year-round traction, even in snow.

The Geolandar A/T-S uses a silica-enhanced tread compound molded into a symmetric design that combines sculpted shoulder blocks, rounded-edge intermediate blocks and staggered center blocks to blend off-road traction with on-road control. Dual interlocking pyramid sipes and multi-stepped grooves on the tread blocks maintain block rigidity to enhance wear and increase the tire's biting edges to provide traction in loose dirt and gravel as well as on wet and wintry road surfaces. Aggressive sidewall protectors are strategically located near the tire's shoulders to increase loose-surface bite while they help fight off sidewall cuts and abrasions from rocks and stumps. The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by spirally wound nylon on top of polyester body plies.

Had Goodyear on before and was very happy with them but decided to try these as they where on offer at a good price, and they are good .
the goodyear i had had more road noise then these that i yet have .

Need further assistance please let me know.