Nathan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ3 Motor Vehicle mechanics, with 17 yrs experience and 4 years running my own garage.
27720961

Hi - we have a peugeot 307 SW 1.6 HDI 110bhp. The engine management

Hi - we have a peugeot 307 SW 1.6 HDI 110bhp. The engine management light is now on permantently with Anti Pollution Fault warning. We have spent a fortune over the past year replacing parts which accoring to our local peugeot dealer needed replacing, for the fault light only to come straight back on, the car appears to be running fine and has never actually broken down due to any of the "apparent" faults. We had resined to the fact that we would just have to put up with the fault light, however we are now condsidering part exchanging the car and obviously don't want this light on when we do this. Is there anyway which we can disenable this waring light? We have already had it reset a number of times only for it just to come back on!!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.
Hi there.
Welcome to JA.com.
I hope I can help today.
The short answer unfortunately is no, you cannot disable the MIL light. It is there to say that there is a fault somewhere in the system, and obviously has not been properly located by the garage, to your expense it seems.
The only way to properly put the light out is to have the vehicle diagnostic checked and reset, but I know that you have already done this a number of times.
Another way is to take the bulb out but I wouldn't advise this at all just in case a major fault is logged and it would then not be picked up until it was too late.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your response. I understand that you would not reccomend to take a bulb out but i'm sure you also appreciate that we certainly do not want to spend any more money replacing parts unneccesarily!! especially as we are wanting to change the vehicle.

I will take it ro our local garage tomorrow to get the diagnostics checked and reset, again, but if that fails... which bulb would I need to remove and where would it be located (or how do I get to it?)

Many Thanks

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.
Hi again.
You would need to remove the clocks to gain access to the back of them and then the bulbs are fitted with a twisting action. So it would be just a case of undoing them and then refitting the clocks again.
Can you tell me though.Have you had the syrum tank refilled. This is a small tank to the side of the fuel tank that has a special fluid that is fed through the particle filter to clean it at regular intervals but it is only good for 70000 miles or so and then needs to be refilled. if left to long your particle filter clogs up and puts the light on.
This seems to be a very common fault on these cars.
You could try putting redex in the tank and running it down the motorway as the sensors all start to carbonize and this can clean the sensors.
I hope this helps more
Nathan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: NVQ3 Motor Vehicle mechanics, with 17 yrs experience and 4 years running my own garage.