Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Hi my VW transporter 2007 has a funny windscreen wiper problem,

Hi my VW transporter 2007 has a funny windscreen wiper problem, On speed 1 they will work fine non stop but after half hour or so if you change the to intermediate they will stop working on all speeds, nothing what so ever but then after a couple of minutes they will start working again after being switched off. But the next problem is, if you select the intermediate setting it goes comes on as if its speed 1 and speed 1 setting is the same and the down setting you have to hold the stick down other wise the wipers stop in a random position. Took it to VW garage the change the motor and said the motor had an internal fault at the time I fault they were talking nonsense but yes still did not cure the problem and the new motor is ridiculously loud.
Cheers Anthony
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

There's a few things that could be at fault here...

You get connection problems with the wiring - both at the motor and at the switch...

Too - you get earthing problems at the motor...

You get problems with the motor itself - and problems with the switch itself.

Im assuming they have checked out all the wiring issues and arrived at the motor.

To be honest, it ca be a bit of a toss up then between the motor and the switch...and they have obviously gone for the motor...

It could still be a motor problem as its either faulty - as you are mentioning the noise - or, they have just fitted the motor incorrectly without the insulators to the mounts / body - hence the noise.

You need to go back to them with this though - because the repair should be under warranty -

They may decide the motor is faulty anyway if its not been fitted wrong -and a new one would cure it altogether - or, they may go for the switch and do you compensation on that for having diagnosed the wrong thing in the first place... you will have to return in any event and discuss all this with them - I would suggest too that you speak with the service manager about all this...and then you should get somewhere as above then..

I Sincerely hope I have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.