Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

Kia Sportage can you adjust the headlights on a Kia Sportage

Customer Question

Kia Sportage
can you adjust the headlights on a Kia Sportage when driving on the right hand side of the road ie - France, or do you have to buy stick-on deflectors?

Thank you

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Speedytimzalez replied 6 years ago.

The head lamps should be aimed with the proper beam-setting equipment, and in accordance with the equipment manufacturer's instructions.

If there are any regulations pertinent to the aiming of head lamps in the area where the vehicle is to be used, adjust so as to meet those requirements.

Alternately turn the adjusting gear to adjust the head lamp aiming. If beam-setting equipment is not available, proceed as follows :

1. Inflate the tires to the specified pressure and remove any loads from the vehicle except the driver, spare tire, and tools.
  2. The vehicle should be placed on a flat floor.
  3. Draw vertical lines (Vertical lines passing through respective head lamp centers) and a horizontal line (Horizontal line passing through center of head lamps) on the screen.
  4. With the head lamp and battery in normal condition, aim the head lamps so the brightest portion falls on the horizontal and vertical lines. Make vertical and horizontal adjustments to the lower beam using the adjusting wheel.

The front fog lamps should be aimed as the same manner of the head lamps aiming.
With the front fog lamps and battery normal condition, aim the front fog lamps by turning the adjusting gear.

1. Turn the low beam on without driver aboard. The cut-off line should be projected in the allowable range (shaded region).
  2. Turn the front fog lamp on without the driver aboard. The cut-off line should be projected in the allowable range (shaded region)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I want to know if the Kia Sportage headlights can be adjusted in the car itself (and not using deflectors) to drive in France.

I will forward the question
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer UK..

Im sorry, your question was mis catagorised earlier...

WIth this model , you have to use stick on beam deflectors..

These are fine for visiting / holidays etc - but cannot be used on a permanent basis - ie, if you exported the car... in that case , the headlights would have to be replaced for left hand versions per the law.

I Sincerely hope I have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.