Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Why am I getting a strong curry smell from my Xsara Picasso

Why am I getting a strong curry smell from my Xsara Picasso when te engine / heater is running?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

There is a possibility you have debris in the pollen filter housing or a pollen filter that is old and needs changing...

So do that - replace the pollen filter and see if that cures it ... I will give you the pic below to show you how / where the pollen filter is ( under the screen )

graphic

Thats the first thing to do... IF you find that doesn't cure it ( give it a day or two though )... then you will need the air conditioning system servicing as that will be the cause / source of the smells then..

A Citroen dealer or independent garage with Air conditioning service equipment can do that for you ..its a common procedure..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.