Mark
Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician
Experience:  Jeep factory training........25 years in the industry.
12104952

How do you reset immobiliser on jeep grand cherokee

Customer Question

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mark replied 6 years ago.
If your remote is not working, then you can turn off the alarm by cycling the key in the door lock. If the drivers door doesn't work, you can try the passenger door and the liftgate.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi thanks for your response, the car will not lock or unlock using remote nor will the car start, I have gained entry to the car by unlocking drivers door using key however when you put key in ignition and turn the engine will not turn over car battery is fully charged and all electrical functions on car work fine i.e electric windows etc. the probelm seems to be that the immobiliser will not de-activate?
Expert:  Mark replied 6 years ago.
Is the starter motor turning the engine over when you turn the key to the start position?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No the starter motor is not turning engine over when I turn key, instrumentation lights in dash illuminate fine as if the car was going to start normally but engine wont turn over, I have run a direct live from starter to battery and engine turns over fine and will even try to run for a second or two, this prob seems to relate to the immobiliser controlling the fuel pump? If I can work out how to either bypass immobiliser or reset or fix I think this will absolve the probs! Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi any further thoughts on my immobiliser probelm please?
Expert:  Mark replied 6 years ago.

Is this a North American vehicle or UK?

If it is a UK version, I will have to opt out simply because I do not know how the UK version operates when it comes to the immobilizer.