Stan
Stan , Automotive Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor's in Automotive Engineering, MB certified diagnosis technician
16766657

mercedes 311cdi sprinter 01 52k in limp mode had new boost

Customer Question

mercedes 311cdi sprinter 01 152k in limp mode, had new boost pressure control valve transducer fitted, still the same, checked lever on turbo, that is free and seems to be operating under vacuum from boost pressure control valve transducer when engine is reved.could it be the mass air sensor? if so whats the best way to clean the mass air sensor?If not that, how can i check for air leaks on the charged air circuit? There was a situation where a fuse kept blowing brake lights,interior lights and instrument lights on dash could that put ecu on limp?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Stan replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

There are too many causes for the limp mode, including the MAF sensor you mentioned. It is not a good idea to clean it, usually it does more harm than good. I strongly recommend to have the fault codes read out with a scantool (preferably Star Diagnosis). If you let me know them- i will be able to help you more precisely.

Regards,

Stan