Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I own a Fiat Panda 1.3 TDI multijet [05] The MIL light came

I own a Fiat Panda 1.3 TDI multijet [05]
The MIL light came on a week or so ago and stays on when driving. The engine starts, ticks over and runs fine. I have read the fault codes and it comes up with -
P0106
MAP/BARO CKT
RANGE/PERF
The only difference when driving is that the engine seems a lot more responsive when accelerating from low[ish] revs/ cold ...no more waiting for the turbo to cut in, a light touch on the accelerator and she's off!! It almost feels like the turbo is 'on' all the time - even at low revs. The other thing that I have noticed is that the fuel consumption is a tad higher. I could just change the MAP sensor and see if that fixes it but I may be being misled here. Would value your opinion. Kind Regards, Neil
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

The definition of the code is correct - and its this fault that is causing the problems you describe for sure..

The most likely cause of this is a failed MAP or Barometric pressure sensor - but just check for any intake / exhaust leaks anywhere on the engine - checking the small bore piping etc - as anything like that will cause these sensors to read incorrectly and therefore operate wrongly...

Also check the wiring / connections carefully too before you replace anything..and then go from there as you find..

I Sincerely hope I have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.