jon-t
jon-t , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ L2 & L3Mechancal & Electronic Systems,BMW Technician, AMIMI, Eng Tech
19466685

I have a fiat punto 1.2 active & the airbag light has come

Customer Question

I have a fiat punto 1.2 active & the airbag light has come on. The switch on the pasenger side does not turn it off. The dealer fixed it in two minutes previously, but the car is now out of warranty & it has come on again.
Can you advise how to fix it please?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  jon-t replied 6 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answers

The Airbag management light comes on to inform you that the airbag system is not working correctly and it stores a fault code in the ECU with information on what is wrong.

You can only access this information via a diagnostic device.

I advise you to take your car to a Fiat main dealership or specialist to have a real time diagnostic check done so a full diagnose can be given (this will have a set charge of approx 20 mins labour) cost depends on labour rate.

It could be a failed part on the airbag system or just a software glitch that will require an update.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is there no quick fix to get the light out?
Expert:  jon-t replied 6 years ago.
It has to be cleared via a diagnostic machine, note if the light is on then the system is inop.