Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

My citroen xsara picasso is showing message ECONOMY MODE ACTIVATED

My citroen xsara picasso is showing message ECONOMY MODE ACTIVATED and will not start - do you know how to deactivate it?

Many thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Eco Mode - or Economy mode as you mention - comes on on these vehicles when the main car battery has dropped low on charge..

You can either try charging the battery with a proper battery charger - or have it tested - and fit a new one if its failing..

Usually to be honest , its a case of a failing battery - so you need to have that checked properly and progress from there...

Once you have a full powered battery again - the message will reset / go off..

This can also be caused if some electrical item has been left powered...

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.