Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

alarm look like on a astra 03 deisel?..disconnect..im driving

what does the alarm look like on a astra 03 deisel? vauhall (as a temp solution have adv to disconnect it as it keeps going off, even when i'm driving, my neibourghs are planning to kill me if it does it again tonight. so what does it look like, and where is it? think i've found it, by central col on pas side? or could i just disconect a fuse? if i disconect the battery for tonight will that do? help!!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

The problem with the alarm is a common issue - it will be that the internal batteries are failing in it - and this sets it off waking all - as you describe..

Now its located up under the wheel arch - it should be up under the passenger side wheel arch - but I have known ones to be on the drivers side! Look for a raised hump in the lining - thats where it will be -under there..

You need to go under the wheel arch and peel the liner back to get to it - disconnect it and that will stop it going off..until you get it renewed.. It comes as a complete unit from Vauxhall.. Disconnecting the battery won't help as it has its own internal batteries and thats whats causing the problem as above..

When you disconnect the wire plug - the sounder will go off for a couple of mins -but it will stop and that will be that ...

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Edited by Mike on 12/10/2009 at 5:18 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
does it look like an upside funnel? loads of wires going behind it, but 2 wires comming out of it. it thats it, i'm really struggeling to reach it, cheers XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again...

Yes my friend - that does sound very much like the thing ! :)

They are difficult to get at - but you just need to get the multiplug disconnected for now at least ..

Its easier with the whole liner removed to be honest...

Let me know if you need anything else at all...

Rgds, MIKE..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi ive disconnected one plug out of the unit that has four wires in it,however there is still a plug in with two wires,no alarm has sounded as you have described,do i need to get the other one out its making me swear lol
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi again...

I take it you are struggling in the dark !!

Yes, disconnect them all - because that way its definately off...

The alarm might not sound - not if the batteries are dead as the proverbial bird..

YOu can test it after - ( or now even!) by just pulling the bonnet latch - don't touch the bonnet - then lock the car up per normal.. give it five mins... then go and lift the bonnet...

See what happens - nothing should if youve killed it !!

Let me know how you go...and if you need more help...

Rgds, MIKE....

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.