spire suzuki
spire suzuki, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Suzuki Master tech. and Hyundia specialist
11541481

My Seat Leon 2002 leaks water when it rains like a colander..back seat

My Seat Leon 2002 leaks water when it rains like a colander - I have just lobbed out about a pint of water from the back seat floor wells - can you help?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  spire suzuki replied 6 years ago.
Hi
Welcome to JA.com
The most common problem with your model leon is the door card sealer cracks and leaks.
What that is a is metal plate that holds the window regulator in place, this plate covers two thirds of the door,.
Two cary out this repair you need to remove the door panel, remove the two rubber grommets and you will see the bolts that hold the window glass, remove the bolts and push the window up and secure with tape.
Remove the plastis bung at the side of the door handle then remove the 30 torx screw, remove the little cap next to the handle, you will see a cable going to the handle, detach the cable, remove all the 10mm bolts from the door card and remove the card, run a line of thick silicon sealer on top of the old and refit everything, do not over tighten the door card bolts only nip up.
the only way to dry ut your carpets is to remove and allow to drip dry.