Mark
Mark, Vehicle Mechanic
Experience:  29 Years as a Vehicle Mechanic
17736271

TOYOTA HILUX VIRGO FUEL LIGHT TURN OFF DIRECTIONS & PROCED

Customer Question

TOYOTA HILUX VIRGO FUEL LIGHT TURN OFF DIRECTIONS & PROCEDURES
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mark replied 6 years ago.

Mate, I would recommend draining the fuel at teh bottom of the fuel filter. The light is indicating that you have water in your system. DO NOT drive the car in this condition until you have confirmed that the fuel is not contaminated. If that is not the cause then check the connection of the wires at the fuel filter, if they are connected correctly then remove the filter assembly and then remove the filter. Check the float is not damaged and the reconnect the wiring to the housing. Check to see if the light is off on the dash with teh float in the lower position. If it is, then check that the light goes off, when you lift the float, and goes out again when you lower it.

graphicgraphic

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Fuel filter light came on & fitted new filter & light remain on i understand TOYOTA VIRGO 2008 MODEL Have a way to reset the warning light
Expert:  Mark replied 6 years ago.
Mate , OK, I just wanted to make sure that you had at least checked and replaced the filter. You will need to dissconnect the wiring to the filter again to Reset the Fuel Warning light, then turn the ignition switch ON.After turning the ignition switch ON, connect the warning switch connector within 3 to 60 seconds.Check that the combination meter's fuel system warning lamp turns off. Let me know how you go. Cheers Mark