Trevor
Trevor , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
15853224

2003 Peugeot: I replace a headlight bulb..SW..HDi

Customer Question

How do I replace a headlight bulb on a 2003 Peugeot 307 SW HDi - I don't even know how to remove the cover!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Trevor replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Welcome to Just Answer

To replace the bulb, you need to access the back of the lights under the bonnet, on the drivers side there is also a plastic cove held on with panel screws that you need to turn 90 degrees to remove, and a platic press in tyre fastening at the bottom that needs to be unclipped near the engine.

Once you have accessed the lights, you need to rotate the big round bulb dust cover anti-clocwise, and remove this, you can then see the bulb. The wire simply unplugs by pulling it off the bulb.

The bulb is then hels in with a spring clip, you press this in at the top, and move it sideways, it then hinges down out of the way. Remove the bulb, noting its orientation in the lamp, as it will only fit one way.

Refit new bulb, and refit everything in reverse of removal.

It all sounds complicated, but is quite simple when you do the job, you will need a flat blade screw driver if you are changing the drivers side to remove the extra cover, but apart from that, no other tools.

Hope this helps, if you need more info, please let me know.

Regards

Trev