Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905
UK Car

Why my Peugeot 207 showing anti pollution fault on dash display?

Peugeot 207 1.4 07 reg... Show More

Peugeot 207 1.4 07 reg showing anti pollution fault on dash display, any suggestions?

Category: UK Car
replied 7 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer...

The light / message that you have on now is typical of the Peugeot models - because they have an anti pollution device called a DPF - Diesel Particulate Filter system installed ... and they need particular service every so many thousand miles - usually around the 80,000 miles mark...

Basically what will need doing if its around that mileage, is to have the system serviced as I say - which includes cleaning of the DPF system filters - and replenishing of the special injection system fluid ...

Then when the whole procedure has been done - they use diagnostic equipment to reset the "timer" on the Ecu - control unit computer system on the car - and thats that for the next 80,000 miles or so...

Peugeot dealers are best used for this because its a specialised job that requires specialised equipment ...

Some smaller garages are equipped to do the job - you would have to ring round locally... Typically Peugeot will charge around 90 - 100£ for this job..

What you can try -if the mileage is not close to 80k... is to do this... Take the car on a run - you need a good clear road - motorway ideally - where you can drive the car - in 4th gear - for a sustained period of 15 - 20 miles at 60 mph. This has the effect of getting the exhaust particulate system hotter than normal and so if its just clogging - this will generally clean the system up. If that works, on the next start up, the message will be off... so you can try that as I say.. but if it is close to the 80,000 , you may as well have it done properly as it will need the new fluid - tank replenishing , the light ( message ) will not go out if this is the case.

Customer reply replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately this is not a diesel engine...its a 2006 207 with a 1.4 engine...we have changed both lambda sensors and still no joy..

biggest problem is our local Peugeot dealer cant even sort it out!!!

Mike, UK Car Mechanic replied 7 years ago.

Hello again, Thank you for your reply and info.

My apologies, I took it that it was the 1.4 Hdi engine.

However, essentially , the anti pollution system is the same , in design and how it works etc.

So - do carry out the above per my first reply... and one way or the other, that will sort it out for you -as above..

Hope this Helps!!