Bill_Crosby
Bill_Crosby , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  City & Guilds Vauxhall Master Technician & Auto Electrician Since 1993
16358693

seat ibiza 2000 1 litre, fog light comes on when I turn on rear wiper

Customer Question

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Bill_Crosby replied 6 years ago.

Good afternoon, I hope I can help you.

Faults such as this is normally caused by a bad earth lead or corroded terminal somewhere.

Start by disconnecting the rear wiper wiring plug and retesting to see if fault still happens.

If the lights still come on then you do most likely have ashort in the wiring. If they dont come on then fault is probably an earth fault at the motor.

Bill.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
tryed with motor disconnected but still light on was just wondering was there any common fault with this model to save tear car apart to find short thanks

Usually you find that short circuits have no particular cause. Your particular type is worse to find because it isn't blowing fuses.

You need to inspect the harness for areas where it may have a tight bend or has been a bit loose and allowing the wires to rub together and touch through to the copper inside.

Bill.

I should also say that you should ask yourself, have I fitted new bulbs recently or made any changes that could cause problems. Sometimes fitting the wrong bulb type causes problems.

Bill.