Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

07 skoda octavia..engine management light..flow..egr valve..50 miles

Customer Question

I have a 07 Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi new model It gave an engine management light , when I Pluged it in it showed "EGR insuffient flow " I then removed EGR valve and cleaned same , it was very dirty,I replaced it but after 50 miles light back on What will I do next?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

You could try a clean again... and also the port where it fits - because if its caked up in the port, you will get the same message...and EML on as you have...

So check that out and re clean the valve and see how it goes..

If the EML comes on again with the same result, the only answer will be a new EGR valve as your one is failing, causing reduced flow and hence the light / message.........

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.