Mark
Mark , Vehicle Mechanic
Experience:  29 Years as a Vehicle Mechanic
17736271

can i have a description on p1582 jaguar stype ecu fault code.it

can i have a description on p1582 jaguar stype ecu fault code.it s 52 plate 2.5 petrol,and i can t clear this fault code.regards
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mark replied 6 years ago.
Customer This code is an error for Electronic Throttle Monitor Data Available. You will need to consult the manufactures test procedures to further test this fault, however, I will assume that you have done this as your trying to simply clear the code. If I have this problem ( the scan tool wont clear the code), sometimes it can be cleared by simply removing hte battery out of the car ( discconecting it) for 15mins. When replaced the car will "REBOOT" and I have found on every occasion that the fault has cleared. If however you find the fault has returned then there must still be a problem that needs to be sorted out .. ie the actual fault itself is still there. Cheers Mark
Expert:  Mark replied 6 years ago.

I just found this information .. though it was a good read. Have a look.. It is for the VW, but the fault code has the same discription. Cheers Mark

Click here