Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

replacing driver side kingpin any good tips..cheers carl

replacing driver side kingpin any good tips on getting them out cheers carl
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello Carl and Welcome to justanswer..

You can use heat on it if its seizing at all - but it needs to be good heat such as the garages use - oxy / acetylene... you may have to take the stub axle to a garage and just ask them to extract it for you ...

Other than that you need either a hydraulic press or at least a good vice... not just to get them out - but to get them in again...

Too - some types need reaming .. if its that type you will need to employ a garage to do that for you...

Those are the ways to do this job ... dont just hammer it - you may get them out but you would damage them getting them in ..the new ones...

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.