wefwef, Technical support engineer
Experience:  20 years experience,15 with Renault as master technician,technical support for 2 major manufacturers

My renault espace heater is not working the control panel

My renault espace heater is not working the control panel shows three lights flashing. Ive tried to reset the panel by holding the two centre buttons down turning the ignition to 1st position. Its not worked. Does anyone have any more advice that can help me two x toddlers and winter on the way not good !!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  wefwef replied 7 years ago.
Hi, when trying to reset the panel, please ensure the heater dial is switched to cold, the fan speed is set to 0, and you hold the two centre buttons whilst switching on the ignition and then try releasing one then the other of the buttons. Have a go many times and with different sequences as it can take numerous goes before the reset is successful. The other option I would advise is to remove the switch pack trim panel below the heater panel and remove the 8mm bolt that holds the heater module in place. Remove and disconnect the connectors from the module and leave for a while, then reconnect and again try the reset. If this fails you have got two choices....try to obtain a cheap panel from a breaker which may or may not work, or take to a Renault dealer who can at least check for trouble codes and advise better from there, or they can fully diagnose for you. I have replaced these modules before but issues with this system are quite uncommon, so to save money in the long run, best to at least get a diagnosis done if the basic checks fail to resolve the issue. I hope this helps. Kind regards