Robert
Robert, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

The speedo has stopped working on my Renault clio 1.2 Grande

The speedo has stopped working on my Renault clio 1.2 Grande I can't find a speedo cable so assume its electronic . Can you tell me where the sensor is situated or wher the drive is. Thanks Dave
Hi.

No these cars don't have cable speedos.The speed sensor should be on the top/back of the gearbox once you have a new one from Renault to fit then you should be able to identify it on the gearbox...However later models from 99 onwards.the speedo is in conjunction with the ABS system wheel sensor i'm sure on the passenger side sensor.you'll need to remove the wheel and check the sensor condition and clean then refit the same with the other side do not disconnect the wiring.then test speedo again..