Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I have an audi A8 2003 - keyless entry and fingerprint recognition

Customer Question

I have an audi A8 2003 - keyless entry and fingerprint recognition have suddenly stopped working. Audi dealer wants £1400 to replace "defective" control units - 2 apparently that need to be programmed together - could anybody help with suggestions ?
Thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

Im afraid there are just some things that cant be "got round"... and this is one of them if the Audi dealer has definitely concluded that this is the case having used diagnostic equipment to arrive at that conclusion.

They are great when they are working these things but when they go wrong -as they and all electronic things do - they are very expensive to put right ...proved so often .

Its not the programming that is the cost - thats done using the dealer diagnostic equipment .. its the replacement parts that cost the money...

Im afraid again, there is no other way forward on this one...as its all integrated with the cars engine management and security systems together..

There have been cases though of people buying and replacing the reader and control module and still not getting it working - usually because the programming is all out... so it ends up having to go on the diagnostic machine whatever.. I dont think I have known one that hasn't..

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.