jon-t, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ L2 & L3Mechancal & Electronic Systems,BMW Technician, AMIMI, Eng Tech

Peugeot: you tell me were the fuel cut off switch is

Customer Question

Hi could you tell me were the fuel cut off switch is on a peugeot 307 estate please
matthew lawe
Category: UK Car
Expert:  jon-t replied 7 years ago.

1.) Look for an access panel in the boot, driver's side; it might even be labeled "Fuel Pump Reset".

2.) Open the compartment and press the red button. This should reset the pump.

3.) At this point it might be a good idea to "burp" the fuel tank. This will probably be the easiest thing you do all day! Just pop the cover and unscrew the fuel cap, this will release any preasure built up inside the tank. As long as you're in a controled environment, go ahead and leave the cap open until you finish "Step 4". Otherwise "burp" it a couple of times while you're priming the lines.

4.) The next step is to prime the pump. In other words, make sure there is enough fuel in the fuel lines to start the car. The easiest way to do this is by turning the key back and forth from the "OFF" to the "ON" position. *** Be sure not to turn all the way to the "START" position until you have performed "Step 4", at least 3 or 4 times. If you attempt to start the car before the fuel pump is properly primed, you will run a serious risk of burning out the pump. This could lead to even more costly repairs!!!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi matthew already looked there is'nt there
Expert:  jon-t replied 7 years ago.
The only place that they were fitted was on the RH of the rear quarter panel, I would look again incase it is out of sight.