StokeMechanicNo1
StokeMechanicNo1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Btech Level 3 National Certificate, C+G level3 Apprentiship. 9 years Experiance in busy Local Garage
10715917

What does the EPC light indicate on a Ibiza seat?

The epc warning light is on my seat ibiza, what does this mean, and will it do any harm if I carry on driving it.

Welcome to JustAnswer!

the epc light is a separate light to the engine management light that is there to make you aware of a fault being registered in the electrical system on your car, this light most commonly comes on when there is a fault on the brake light switch, if the light is currently on get some one to check if the brake lights on your car are working, if not and the bulbs look OK then the switch is most likely to be at fault and require replacements, these switches cost around £10 - £15 and are easily fitted.

hope this helps