Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

how do you change a windscreen wiper motor on a corsa, y reg

Customer Question

how do you change a windscreen wiper motor on a corsa, y reg 3 door
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to to justanswer...

You first of all need to remove the wiper arms - this is done by lifting the black plastic covers where the arms attach to the spindles... Then remove the 13 mm nuts and pull the arms off.. They may need "help" with a flat blade screwdriver or similar to prise them off ... but they will come ok..

( Before starting the job - ensure the wipers are switched off - and in the park position ) ...

Then with the arms off - remove the black plastic grill area by locating and removing the screws ( some are covered by little black plastic covers ) ... remove the grill and then you can see the wiper motor..

You then can see easily how the motor is mounted with the mounting screws to the body -- First ,, remove the single nut that holds the wiper linkages to the motor and lift off the linkages... you should then be able to undo the motor mounting bolts and lift it out ( disconnect the wire plug and the earth wire ) ...

You may have to remove the wiper linkages - if you do - simply remove the nuts that hold the two spindles coming through the body for the arms - and withdraw them through the holes - then lift the whole linkage out the way..

Refitting is an exact reversal of removal - but when you remove the linkages off the motor itself - make note of what position the linkages are in - and refit them in exactly the same position....
Then just refit the remainder of the items you have removed...

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid...Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.