Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Renault: Central locking not working from key - works..changed battery

Customer Question

Renault Clio 1.2 - Central locking not working from key - works from inside - changed battery any suggestions welcome
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

It sounds like you need to re synch the key to the cars' systems...

I will provide you clickable instructions below to enable you to follow - ..

graphic

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time and knowledge ...Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This has not worked Mike however on examination of the key I changed the battery in a small switch appears to be loose on the underside of the circuit board should this be soldered back into place or should it be a loose fit?
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hello again. Thank you for your reply..

If the key / fob circuitry is faulty , then no amount of programming etc wil make it work I'm afraid... you will have to fix that - if you can, first.

There should be nothing loose at all inside... if you can see where its come away from - the re solder it if you can and then try again. If it doesn't work, re synch again as above...

If it still doesn't work then, then the fob / circuitry is probably beyond repair for whatever reason.

If you have a spare, confirm that by using that ... if not, you would need to get another Im afraid...

I hope that helps you further - let me know if you need more / discuss it further..

Best Rgds - MIKE.