vauxdoc
vauxdoc, vauxhall master tech
Experience:  over 25 years from viva to vectra
10908802

My partner has a 1.4 diesel corsa..wont rev past 3k revs..hill

My partner has a 1.4 diesel corsa and has just phoned to say it wont rev past 3k revs at a push and wont pull up even a small hill?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, Vauxhall make a 1.4 petrol but only a 1.3 in the diesel, the early models did have a 1.5 diesel, can you please confirm the year and engine and i will get back to you.
regards, Vauxdoc.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi there sorry yes i think its the 1.3 diesel and its on an 04 plate. Works fine sometimes then others will just not rev past 2 or sometimes 3k revs.

Cheers XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  vauxdoc replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for clearing that up, This will probably be due to one of 3 common faults on the Z13dt engine, first the EGR valve may be sticking, next the turbo actuator may not be working properly and next the exhaust particulate filter may be blocked (if fitted).
To be sure the car will need to be put on a diagnostic computer and have its fault codes read, this can be done in most garages but as some of these faults may be software related i suggest you use a main dealer, they may be a bit more expensive but you will save with their experience in the long run.
I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.