Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Corsa b 1.2 16v 2000 The oil filter is collapsing and when

Corsa b 1.2 16v 2000 The oil filter is collapsing and when warm the engine sounds like a diesel on the drivers side . the oil pressure light goes out as usual so there is pressure there. ( ? oil bypass valve ) Not long since it's had a head gasket ( water in oil ) The noise was there before the head gasket change. Had 2 new filters since then and both also collapsed
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

From what you describe - you certainly must have a problem in the oil system and the problem has to be with the pressure valve as you say..

This valve though is a part of the oil pump and whenever there is problems with these valves, the pump is renewed as a whole unit....

You don't say the mileage of the car / engine - but in any event - this is what has to be the issue here or related.

The oil light will go out if you have pressure at the point in the gallery where the light switch / pressure switch is located - which as you may well know -is right at the pump - so again, you will have pressure there... The problem in fact on this one could be down to too higher pressure...rather than a lack.

I would suggest you start by checking or having the oil pressure / pump checked with an Oil Pressure test kit... This will tell you for sure whats going on....and really should be your first move on this one... then you can progress with it based on the results / outcome of that test...

Most garages have these test kits and its only a half hour job so wouldn't cost you much to have done - but it is important to do it , to give you a proper idea of whats going on here..

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time and knowledge ...Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.