Trevor Witting
Trevor Witting, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
15853224

How do i bypass the immobiliser on renault megane coupe 98

Customer Question

how do i bypass the immobiliser on renault megane coupe 98
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Trevor Witting replied 5 years ago.
Hi

The immobilser is integral to the ECU, and cannot be by-passed, if there is a fault it will need to be plugged into a diagnostic computer, and either repaired or reprogrammed.

Regards

Trev
Trevor Witting, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i know it can be bypassed my friend and i have the same car a friend of hers by passed hers 2 years ago but he moved away and we have no contact number for him
ok, i'll open the question up and see if anybody else has any ideas, as I am not aware of any way of bypassing it.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

As the previous expert has opted out of this question - Please explain your situation to me in full detail...

Please also supply me with FULL details of your Renault ...

When I have the above info - I will be in a better position to help you ...

Kind Rgds- MIKE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i know it isn't a recomended way bypassing dissabling the immobiliser but i know it can be done the megane is renouned for its immobiliser fault esspecially the s reg megane coupe sport as mine is.but amsick of the thing

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello again.. This is Mike - Thank you for your reply...

Now - since my contact with you - you have pressed the Accept on the previous experts answer ( the incorrect answer ) so Im going to have to ask you to open up a new question for this subject now...

Do this -- Open up a New question... Start the question with the words -- This question is for MIKE... then I will see it and will respond straightaway.

We will deal with your problem then - and I will organise a refund for the inadvertent payment you have made as above..

Do that now and I will look out for your question coming on the system...

Kind Rgds- MIKE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this q is for mike i know immobiliser can be bypassed and its complicated and not recommended.but if you were to do it how would you go about it o my megan coupe 1.6 s reg
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi there - Tina is it...

Im sorry - you misunderstood me slightly... what you need to do is start a whole new question at the justanswer home page - ( dont just use the Reply button as you just have ;)

I will provide a link for you -- click the link HERE - that will take you to the justanswer homepage - where you can start the new question - using the words as above - Then make sure you click UK CAR - and then click Get answer.... and making a deposit etc as you did when you first opened up this question...

I hope that helps - again - I'll look out for your New Question...

Kind Rgds- MIKE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sod this its a pain to and from
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
HI there - I know.. its because you pressed the accept on the previous incorrect answer...

Theres another way if you want me to do it ... we just carry on here...

Do you have the four digit emergency bypass code for the immobilsewr system - its written on a small piece of paper in with the cars papers ---?? You will need that code to enter to bypass the system??

Rgds - MIKE

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi again...

Please let me know if you still need help with this query - or whether I can close the query off.

Rgds... MIKE
I have requested that this question is refunded

Trev