Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

headlight bulb keeps blowing

headlight bulb keeps blowing
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer....

Can you please give me the FULL details of your car - including year..?

And which bulb keeps blowing and how often?

Once I have this info I will be in a much better position to help you ..

Rgds, MIKE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

HI Mike

It is the left side Headlight Bulb and also the back left side fog light indicator come up sometimes but there is no fog light on the left side

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
HI there...

Thank you --- and the car is a ... ?? ( and its year ?) Wink

Mike...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry A4 cabroilet 2004
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi there.... I knew it was going to be an Audi ! ;)

These have suffered problems with these happenings - and other things like flickering bulbs etc - especially with the Xenon type...

There's a couple of things like I say - some are fixed by faults with loose or poor connections on the bulb itself or the wiring - and the earth wiring to to the body.. it causes a surge of power and it blows the bulb.

The other problem was with the ballast resistors on the xenon bulbs - they have one per side.. usual problem is with flickering and then the bulb blows..

The other known problem is with the housing itself for the bulb... changing that can cure the problem too...

So there's a few things to check on that --work through it as above and I'm sure you will come up with it....

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - Thank you...

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much for that and I'm really pleased to have been able to help you..

If you get a minute and you haven't done already - Please just take the time to leave some "Feedback" - re your experience here today with myself and justanswer.... I would appreciate that -

Thank you again and you are Welcome back to justanswer anytime..

Best Rgds, MIKE