badj
badj, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  BEng Performance Car
14782110

Hi! I have a vauxhall vivaro 1.9 tdi my drivers side indicators

Customer Question

Hi! I have a vauxhall vivaro 1.9 tdi my drivers side indicators are clicking very fast and sometimes jam. I have checked the bulbs and they are fine. now i had an astra van a few months ago with same problem and i just renewed 1 of the indicator relays but i cannot find these in this van does it have them in the fuse box where if it has them are they ? van is a 54 plate.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  badj replied 5 years ago.

If you look on the passenger side of the dashboard, with the door open, there is a plastic panel that pulls off (it has the ashtray/cup holder on it)

If you remove this, you'll find the fusebox. Relays should be behind the fusebox or around it. If you need to locate the indicator relay, a good way is to put the indicator or hazards on, and if you touch the plastic top of the relay you should feel it 'clicking'. Be careful however, as they are live circuits.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi ! Have just been out to van and checked the fuse box there are no relays even behind it as you can look up from floor space. I had an astra van with same prob and relays were just above fuses but in the vivaro no sign of them.
Cheers Davie.
Expert:  badj replied 5 years ago.

Interesting, I was sure that the relays for such circuits were in or around the fusebox on the lower nearside (have you checked in the glovebox are to be sure?).

Its possible that it could be found in an auxilliary fusebox under the bonnet, as is the case for some commercial vehicles, but this is usually where the heater plug and engine related relays are.

Unfortunately, if you cannot find the relay in either of those locations I'm at a loss as to where it would be as I was 99% sure it was in the fusebox area (though quite possibly behind the dash in a less accessible area)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i will check these places tomorrow and let you know. Its drivin me bloody nuts !! WHY HIDE THE RUDY THINGS ????
Davie.
Expert:  badj replied 5 years ago.
The short answer is, most dealers charge around £80-90 per hour. If a car is harder to service by the owner they are more likely to go to a dealer for repairs. Money spinning basically.
badj, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: BEng Performance Car
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for trying. Have just checked other places no luck but i did take rear light off and there is a large unit attatched to bulbs i have not seen before. I done the usuall and hit it a few times and hey presto indicators have srarted working i think this may have relay in it somewhere. I will let you know if this is the case for you're future ref.
Davie.