Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Renault: timing belt..1.5dci, 2003 model, i cannot start it now

Customer Question

i have changed the timing belt on a renault kangoo, 1.5dci, 2003 model, i cannot start it now. Any ideas please ???
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

If the car was running fine before you did the job , then you are going to have to recheck that the timing belt is all set up properely...

I assume you used a proper locking tool set to lock up the engine whilest the old belt was off / and timing the engine correctly. Plus too.. that the belt tensioning was done correctly.... If all this was done as above - you shouldn't have any troubles starting.... but again.. if not - you will need to recehck the timing settings.

Again - if the car was running fine before the job - then it has to be related to what you have done with the belt job...which must be timing.

One other thing to check - look around the engine bay for a fuel cut off switch -- often these will trgigger whilst this job is being done. Its a little square component - mounted on the body - with a red rubber top... press it down in the middle till it clicks....

Then retry the starting.

Im assuming too that you didn't undo any fuel lines.... there's no need to to do so ----but if you did - then the system will need bleeding with the use of the black bulbus device down by the fuel filter...

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds,.... MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget..........

PS...Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given- as thats how I get paid ;)

Feedback is always appreciated too... Thank you .