Mike , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

how do you replace a heater matrix on a vectra b

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

The first thing you need to do is go under the bonnet - locate the two hoses going into the bulkhead (heater ) and disconnect them.

Then , working inside the car,.. from both sides of the central unit... remove the plastic trim from both sides - then you will see a black box ..

(You may also have to remove the central plastic sections that surround the gear lever and handbrake to get good access - not always necessary but some find it easier to do that )

If you look and feel around the lip of the box you will see /' feel some 8mm screws - you need to remove these all around... ( can be a bit tricky because of access but can be done -- ) then the bottom half of the black housing will come away --

Then you will see the heater matrix and you can extract it --

Fitting a new matrix is an exact reversal - remembering to refill the cooling system.

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds,.... MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget..........

PS...Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given- as thats how I get paid ;)

Feedback is always appreciated too... Thank you .