Davie
Davie , UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  City & Guilds. Factory Courses
14044340

Caravan es: nissan..black smoke..the fuel system was faulty

I have a nissan caravan E25 2001 model. Since the car was imported to Nairobi i have had to change many parts and am truly disappointed. But my biggest worry now is the black smoke of the car computer checks indicated that the fuel system was faulty . Since we have checked the Exhaust , the fuel pump and now the injector pump is the suspect .
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Davie replied 7 years ago.

hi there, before you go to any great expense get 2 bottles of diesel fuel flush and put one directly into the filter and the other into the fuel tank when you are at the 1/4 mark but dont fill it with fuel. run the engine at a constant 2500 rpm for 10 min then recheck fault. check out here for fuel flush details. go to products tab and select diesel fuel flush. it may also help replacing the air filter and doing an engine flush then replacing the oil. cheers. davie. www.forteuk.co.uk available from local factors or accessory shops.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks Davie, give me sometime i try out you suggestation, will come back to you soonest.

kind regards

Susan

Expert:  Davie replied 7 years ago.
ok susan. cheers. davie