vauxdoc, vauxhall master tech
Experience:  over 25 years from viva to vectra

I have an 51 Astra 2.0 DTI that wont start from cold Ive repaced

Customer Question

I have an 51 Astra 2.0 DTI that wont start from cold I've repaced the injector seals and heater plugs which has made it slightly better The vehicle is fine after its initial start
Category: UK Car
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to JA. have you changed the leak off pipes and t pieces ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have changed the leak off pipes but not the T pieces although the pipe was replaced with none genuine pipe
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 7 years ago.
Hello again, I am fairly sure that the answer lies in this leak off system I have seen this fault dozens of times.
The complete system needes to be air tight, not just that but it should hold 1bar of pressure.
You may not have this tool but to test it you need to remove the leak off at the pump end and pressurize it to 1 bar with a mity-vac pump,if it does not hold then all parts need to be replaced.
Sometimes the seals get caught when being inserted and then leak.
What happens is that the fuel is allowed to drain back from the pump and filter as the air gets in .
Vauxhall brought out an uprated pipe for this fault and it should be used along with new T pieces.
After this its back to basics, testing compressions, valve timing, and power to the glow plugs . I hope this helps, good luck, regards, Vauxdoc.