Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

how to unlock radio on pt cruiser

Customer Question

how to unlock radio on pt cruiser
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer, Welcome to justanswer...

You need the correct code to unlock your radio.

This code will be on a card that will be with the cars documentation / handbooks etc ...

If you do not have this , you will have to ring your local Chrysler dealer who will, upon production of proof ownership and proof of ID , provide you with your correct code to enter.

You shouldn't;t keep trying to enter any old / incorrect code such as you have , ie 1111, 2222 etc etc -- as after several attempts the radio will lock up and you will then have to send the radio away to be unlocked electronically... that is un necessary expense for you...

Once you have the correct code, the radio will work again properly.

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds,.... MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget..........

PS...Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given- as thats how I get paid ;)

Feedback is always appreciated too... Thank you .

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

can someone do that for me since the dealer in Cyprus is not helpfull because i bought the car in uk.The car is in my name but i dont have the hand book

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Hello again....

Oh dear - it gets worse for you eh...

Ok , Im willing to give this a try for you -- its not normal procedure but I will do what I can...

I will need you to give me the registration number if the car - and the VIN ( chassis number ) ...

If you can get the radio out -- then if you can give me ALL the numbers off the side radio too... that will give me a better chance...

I have to tell you now that as we have hit New Year... it will be at least Friday before I can get this info for you -- if I can do it... but as I say.. I will try.

If it cant be got - then it will be case of removing the radio , locating someone near you who has the machinery to electroncally extract the radio code from its eeprom ( chip) inside the radio... but we will try this other method first for you if you like.

Rgds, MIKE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

will collect all info tomorrow cause is new year eve for both and i will sent tomorrow

much appreciate

a local electrician said it needs to come out unless i do what you said as well

the info was great so i hope we can fix it with out taking the radio off

thanks

have a good new year

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Okay.... thank you for letting me know..

I will look forard to hearing from you and I will do my best for you...

Kind Rgds... MIKE

ps..what part of Cyprus do you live --- Our fave holiday place ! Cool