Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Why does my Heater fan not work on my peugeot 307 it worked

Customer Question

Why does my Heater fan not work on my peugeot 307 it worked last night but not this morning, i have checked the fuses but they seem ok
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Hello Jim - Welcome to justanswer...

The usual problem with these is the motor itself...

If you go under the passenger side glove box area - where the passenger feet go - remove the panel thats there - its like a cloth panel held by twist clips... drop that out of the way...

use a good lamp , look up and you will see the heater unit...

Switch the ign on and the heater on to position 3 or 4... then , look at the thick wires going to the heater unit -- and take a hold of them and give them a wiggle.. often times the heater will start to run...

As I say, the motor is a common fault and usually its the brushes that worn right down and you then get a weak connection on the commutator...thus no run...

A wiggle as above and sometimes it will run for months properly again - but if not --its a case of taking the motor out and renewing it... it comes complete and you can get them for about the 100£ mark depending where you go for it.

Occasionally the resistor unit on them fail - and thats connected where the large wires connect too - but usualy symptoms of that are the heater working on one or more of the settings - if its dead on all - then ts usually as I say.

You can see how the motor comes out - really easy - disconnect the wires , remove the three screws and it will drop out... then just fit up the new one.

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds,.... MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>>Please don't forget..........

PS...Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given- as thats how I get paid ;)

Feedback is always appreciated too... Thank you .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi mike,Thanks for your reply. but i had sent an email to you before your reply, saying that the problem i had with the fan has been sorted.
Many Thanks
jim cleary
ps i will hope to use this service in the future
pps what happens to the £24.00 does it stay in the paypal account or does it get refunded.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Hello Jim...

Im sorry - I wasn't aware of that.

As regards XXXXX XXXXX I will have that looked at for you - but I suggest you mail in to justanswer to ask them too...

I haven't been paid - I dont get paid unless you press the accept button - so again, you would need to take that up with admin.

Rgds... MIKE