Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Nissan: car radio..it says code error

Hi.I entered the wrong password XXXXX my nissan almera car radio. now it says code error! what must i do to reset and put in my code again. I switced off my radio unplugged battery etc and switched on again still says code errer. pls help
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Helo and Welcome to justanswer...

What you should have done when this happened was leave the radio switched on - with power to it ( may need to leave ign on at least in acc pos ) ... and leaving the radio powered for however long it takes -- sometimes half an hour sometimes several - but then the radio releases and will be ready to accept a code again.. You could still try this but as you have now disconnected the battery - the radio will definaltkly need a code input.

Once the radio becomes receptive for the code again - input the code - and ot should work. The only reason it wont work is , if you are not locking the code in at the end of input - or you are using an incorrect code.

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds,.... MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>>Please don't forget..........

PS...Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given- as thats how I get paid ;)

Feedback is always appreciated too... Thank you .

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.