Matthew Lawe
Matthew Lawe, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Mechanic & Auto Electrician ex RAC Patrol & Technical Liaison Manager
12584674

can i have the timing marks for a ford focus 2000 1.6 mk1

can i have the timing marks for a ford focus 2000 1.6 mk1?

Hi and welcome to Just Answer

There is no actual marks to set the crank shaft on your model but instead it uses a locking pin

I have attached the full instructions in a pdf which you can print out and use in the workshop to help

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately I do not have the locking pins and the cams and cam shafts have been taken off already. Is there anyway that I can complete this with out them? thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
unfortunatly i do not have the locking pins and the cams and cam sharfts have already been removed. is there a way of re-doing the timing once these parts have been removed. thanks

I have to say I have only ever used the locking pins myself although theoreticaly it would be possible but there is a big risk if you get it wrong and clip the valves

One option might be that you might be able to hire the locking kit from a local spares shop