Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

i have an air block in my radiator how do i get rid of it,

Customer Question

i have an air block in my radiator how do i get rid of it, i know i have to turn the overflow valve but do i have the car running when i do this and do i leave the radiator cap open?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

YOu dont say which car you have - but have a look around all the hoses -some cars have bleed screws which you should open to help get rid of air locks..

You must fill the radiator / tank slowly to give every chance of getting rid of the air lock -- too, as you do , squeeze / rapidly pump the top and bottom radiator hoses as you fill.

Before you start , have the heater control on hot...
All these things will give you every chance. Sometimes it helsp to have the engine running whilst filling as the water pump pumps the water around ...

There are tools you can buy nowadays to purge air from the cooling systems but using the methods above Ive never had to use such.

Im sure you will manage it that way...

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX helps you~Let me know if you need more help...

Kind Rgds...MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>>Please don't forget....

PS~ Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - Thank you . Thats how I get paid for my time ;-)

Feedback is always appreciated too