Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

1995 E34 525Tds Touring 6 cylinder diesel..injection pump

Customer Question

1995 E34 525Tds Touring 6 cylinder diesel has fuel dripping/seeping from the top of the injection pump, also from the Fly by wire Black box on the side.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer....

Im afraid this is an internal problem in the pump unit...usually one or more of the internal seals .

Unfortunately its not a diy job to repair it as once a diesel ump is opened up and stripped it needs special tools and equipment to enable rebuilding it and calibration etc so that it will work once its refitted.

You will likely have a number of local diesel specialists where you live and I would recommend you use one of these as everyday garages and dealers wont strip pumps for the reasons given above - they always despatch them for repair to such places.

If you want or need a contact number of a firm that I have used over the years for such things, I will gladly give you one -they operate a timed pick up and delivery service. But one of the above options is your only way forward on this one I'm afraid..

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX helps you~I will be back here later today ~ Let me know if you need more help...

Kind Rgds...MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>>Please don't forget....

PS~ Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - Thank you . Thats how I get paid for my time ;-)

Feedback is always appreciated too