John, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  C&G lvl 3, RTITB lvl 3, Ford, Vauxhall & GM-Daewoo/Chevrolet Europe Technician, 19 years exp.

How do I change headlamp bulbs on a 2008 Corsa?

Customer Question

It is 2008 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4sxi.

Category: UK Car
Expert:  Robert replied 7 years ago.

There should be plastic cover directly behind the lamp remove that disconnect the wires, push each side of the pin outwards until it releases,then remove the bulb, place the new bulb into the light do not touch the glass with your hands . Wear gloves, then making sure the metal lip on the bulb is facing downwards, squeeze the clip inwards pull it up over the bulb and clip it back in, reconnect the wires. Before cover is put back on check if bulbs work.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Access to the rear of the lamp housings is very restricted - this is why I asked the question as I realise that I need to remove the covers, wires & bulbs. Are these any other moves that can make this easier? - I have seen a recommendation to remove the whole bumper assembly.

Expert:  Robert replied 7 years ago.

Their are easier ways. Access is never easy on all cars. In some cases you need to remove ie:- air filter boxes/Fuseboxes/Battery etc to get a them easier but I've never seen anyone remove the whole front bumper?

Which Side need replacement?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Both sides I have seen a number of comments about removing the bumper, but I thought it might not be required. Are you actually familiar with this model of Corsa?

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

there is no need to remove the headlamps or the bumper, although the use of a torch will help, on the pass side remove the washer bottle filler neck, on the drivers side remove the air intake pipe to the air filter housing, the cover on the rear of the headlamp is held on with a spring clip, when that is released remove the cover, disconnect the plug on the rear of the bulb and release the bulb from the headlamp by pushing the clip arms apart, refitting is the reversal of removing, take care not to touch the glass,

hope this helps.