Michael Partington
Michael Partington , Auto Electrician
Experience:  Self Employed since 1996, Lots of knowledge of Car electrics & immobilisers
11319957

I have a citroen saxo 1.1 and the steering has become really

Customer Question

I have a citroen saxo 1.1 and the steering has become really heavy when I turn corners. The heating fan has also packed up. What could the problem be and is this connected?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Michael Partington replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com

Your ignition has gone faulty, Normal for Heated rear window to stop working and heater blower,

You can either replace the ignition or take to a auto electrician who can fit a relay into the wiring..

Need anymore info, just ask

Mick

Michael Partington, Auto Electrician
Experience: Self Employed since 1996, Lots of knowledge of Car electrics & immobilisers
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Dear Mick

Would the heavy steering be connected to the loss of blower and rear window heater or is this a separate problem.

Regards

Tracey

Expert:  Robert replied 7 years ago.
Blower & Rear windheater is a totally differant problem.. One thing to check first would be the fuses. if none are blown. then and electrical problem has occured which in most cases is down to the earth needing cleaned up...
Yes the rear window heater stops working and the blower motor, The rear heater has to see a live from the ignition switch, if it doesnt it wont switch on,

The 2 brown wires on the ignition switch, one will have lost a live feed, ask the auto electrician to join them together using a relay, and everything will start working again

Any problems just ask

Mick
Thank you for accepting, Did u fit a new switch ir bypas it ?

Mick